Show download pdf controls
  • Contact us about foreign investment

    You can use our dedicated channels to contact us about foreign investment in Australia.

    On this page

    Residential real estate application form enquiries

    New or near-new dwelling exemption certificate enquiries

    For property developers with questions about completing an application, or meeting your reporting requirements for the new or near-new dwelling exemption certificate enquiries:

    Land and water register enquiries

    For questions about registering Australian agricultural land, residential land or water entitlements on the Land and water register:

    Vacancy fee enquiries

    For questions about your vacancy fee return:

    Foreign investment compliance

    For questions about complying with foreign investment rules for residential and non-sensitive commercial real estate:

    If you know or suspect someone is deliberately breaking our foreign investment rules, you can report it confidentially by completing the ATO tip-off form.

    For more information see report a breach of foreign investment rules.

    Calling from overseas

    If you are calling from overseas you can contact us between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm (AEST or AEDT), Monday to Friday on +61 2 6216 1111, and ask to be transferred to 1800 050 377.

    If you would like to speak in a language other than English, phone the Translating and Interpreting service (TIS National) between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm (AEST or AEDT), Monday to Friday on +61 3 9268 8332 and request to be connected to the ATO in the language you want to speak in.


    If you don’t want to receive our emails, tell us by forwarding the email you received to the below email address. Type ‘Stop’ in the subject line of the email and we’ll remove you from our mailing list.

    Last modified: 09 Jun 2022QC 65675