• Lodging your tax return

    Tax returns cover the financial year from 1 July to 30 June, and if you’re lodging your own they are due by 31 October.

    MyTax is the quick, easy, safe and secure way to lodge your own tax return online. You need a myGov account linked to the ATO to lodge online.

    MyTax is for anyone who wants to complete their own income tax return, including sole traders' and can be accessed using your computer, tablet or smartphone. MyTax replaces e-tax and can do everything e-tax could do, plus extra things it couldn't.

    Next step:

    Lodge online

    Other ways to lodge your tax return:

    See also:




    Note: If you're having difficulties meeting your tax obligations, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible.

  • Last modified: 27 May 2016QC 32089