ato logo
Search Suggestion:

If you disagree with an ATO decision

You can dispute or object to our decision if you disagree with it.

Explains how we work collaboratively with taxpayers to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.

When and how to object to decisions we make about your tax affairs, and which decisions you can object to.

You can ask us to remit (reduce) interest charges or remit (reduce) or cancel penalties on unpaid tax liabilities.

You can appeal some actions or decisions to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal or Federal Court.

When and how settlement may be used to avoid or resolve disputes.