Show download pdf controls
  • T6 - Education tax refund 2012

    Question T6 image from the Tax return for individuals form.

    The Government announced in the 2012 Budget that the education tax refund (ETR) would be replaced by a new payment called the Schoolkids Bonus. You cannot claim the ETR for expenses incurred in 2011-12, or any excess eligible expenses you carried forward from the previous year.

    As a transitional arrangement, the Department of Human Services made a one-off payment to eligible families in June 2012. If you did not receive this payment, contact the Department of Human Services.

    For more information about the changes to the ETR, including how to claim the refund for previous years, see Education tax refund - what you need to know.

    From 1 January 2013, you may be eligible for the Schoolkids Bonus. For more information go to

    Where to go next

      Last modified: 01 Jun 2012QC 25707