Standard document templates to assist eligible start-up companies establish and operate an employee share scheme (ESS).
The standard documents require updates to include amendments to the Corporations Act 2001 and ASIC Class Order CO 14/1001 that apply from 1 March 2023.
If you want to use the documents prior to published updates, you should seek advice on the suitability of these documents for any offers of ESS interests.
The standard documents are:
- Employee Option Plan (DOCX, 313KB)This link will download a file
- Employee Option Plan offer letter (DOCX, 258KB)This link will download a file
- Employee share schemes: start-up companies (PDF, 398KB)This link will download a file – an instruction guide on how to use the above documents
- Employee Share Plan (DOCX, 315KB)This link will download a file
- Employee Share Plan offer letter (DOCX, 262KB)This link will download a file.
These standard documents are not designed to meet all the requirements of every company.
The standard Plans and Offer letters have been provided in Word format, so that you can download and alter them to suit your circumstances.
We can't recommend or endorse any one product or service over another and will not be responsible for any loss, damage, cost or expense in connection with using this application.
We have not carried out any testing of the listed applications and do not carry out any form of security testing of developer products or services.
If you intend to use the interactive application, you are encouraged to ask the developers about the security aspects of their products and the services they provide.
For more information on ESS for employers of start-ups, see:Standard document templates to assist eligible start-up companies establish and operate an employee share scheme (ESS).