ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Applying for a Departing Australia super payment from a super fund or retirement savings account

Temporary residents who have departed Australia can use this form to access their superannuation benefits (NAT 7204).

Last updated 15 March 2020

If you are a former temporary resident who accumulated superannuation (super) while working in Australia, you can claim your super from your super fund if you meet all of the following requirements:

  • you entered Australia on a temporary visa listed under the Migration Act 1958 (excluding subclasses 405 and 410)
  • your visa is no longer in effect
  • you have departed Australia
  • you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia.

The payment is called a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP).

Get the form:

See also