ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Searching for lost super

Search for lost super online using myGov, phoning our lost super search line or by completing a paper form (NAT 2476).

Last updated 11 February 2024

How to find your lost super

If you’ve changed your name, your job or your address and forgotten to tell your super fund, you could have lost or unclaimed super.

You can find your lost super:

You can also ask your preferred super fund to conduct a search on your behalf.

Note: if you’re not sure whether your employer is paying your super or which fund they’re paying it to, refer to Unpaid super from your employer

Finding lost super online via MyGov 

To find lost super online you will need a myGov account linked to the ATO. Once you link your myGov account, you can also use the ATO app.

The super health checkThis link will download a file includes step by step instructions on looking for lost super, consolidating and preventing lost super. To start download the super health check (NAT 75486, PDF 204KB)This link will download a file

If you can’t register for a myGov account your super fund can search for lost and unclaimed super on your behalf. Visit the myGov websiteExternal Link or contact them to find out how.

Lost super search line

Individuals and agents can complete a super search by phoning our automated super search line on 13 28 65.

Be prepared to provide the following information upon request:

  • your personal details  
    • tax file number (TFN)
    • name
    • date of birth
    • visa holder status (if applicable)
  • your contact details  
    • current postal address
    • daytime phone number
    • email address (if applicable)
  • your super fund details – any super fund where contributions may have been made on your behalf  
    • super fund name
    • account number
    • beneficiaries
    • period of contributions
  • your previous details  
    • name
    • address
    • employment (if applicable).

Complete a paper form

You can download and complete the following form and send it to us:

After you complete your form, send it to us at:

Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3578

Third party requests

Third party requests and action available

Third party

Action available

Deceased estate

Public trustees and their representatives

Tax agent

  • View your client’s super details using Online Services for Agents. From the client’s profile, select the Super menu, then Fund details.

Other third parties

  • Where possible, encourage your clients to obtain the information themselves either online or from their super funds.
  • If you have not previously been added as the individual’s authorised contact, ensure the Declaration section of the NAT 2476 form has been signed by the individual or attach a signed written authorization document from the individual.
  • If you’re a legal practitioner, requests must only be made for tax purposes and should be submitted via Online Services for Business.

Who can have lost or unclaimed super

For information on who can have lost or unclaimed super see: Check if we hold lost or unclaimed super for you.

For more information see: