Media: Keep on top of your tax and super with the ATO app
https://tv.ato.gov.au/ato-tv/media?v=bi9or7odg6341iExternal Link (Duration: 00:53)
The ATO app is a simple and easy way you can access and manage your tax and super on the go. The ATO app is free to download and use.
As an individual or sole trader, you can quickly access your personal tax and super information in one place. There are also several helpful features and tools you can use.
To use the ATO app, download it from Google Play or the App Store.
The ATO app is compatible with most phones and tablets using:
- iOS and iPadOS 15 or later
- Android 10 or later.
Find out more about ATO app system support and permissions.
The ATO app has a range of features and tools to help you keep on top of your tax and super. To take advantage of all the available features and personalise your experience, create a myGov account and link it to the ATO.
When you access ATO online services, including through the ATO app, the login method you've used with the highest identity strength becomes your online access strength. This is to help protect your information and increase your online security.
From your mobile device, you will be able to access the following:
- Quick login
- Your tax return for 2022–23
- Key dates for lodgments and payments
- View your tax accounts
- Employment income and super
- My personal details
- Registered agent details
- Tax withheld calculator
- ABN lookup
- Business performance check.
For quick access to your account, you can set up a login using your mobile device's security features like face and fingerprint recognition. You will need to have a myGov account and link it to the ATO to access this feature.
For security purposes, you’ll need to re-verify your details through myGov after using the quick login feature for an extended period. You’ll be notified in your app when it’s time.
Follow your tax return from start to finish, using this feature, you can easily:
- check pre-fill information we receive from third parties and work out if you're ready to lodge
- view the options available to prepare and lodge your tax return
- check the progress of your tax return
- view the outcome of your return
- download and view your notice of assessment.
Whether you lodge your own tax return or use a tax agent, the myDeductions tool can help you keep and organise your tax records.
Throughout the year it’s a fast, easy way to capture information on the go. Once you finalise your records for your tax return, you can:
- email your data either to yourself or to your tax agent
- upload your data to pre-fill your tax return whether you self-prepare or use a tax agent.
You can access myDeductions from the quick link on the ATO app home screen without the need to log in. This is the screen you see when you first open the app.
Records you add are stored locally on your device and are only sent to us if you upload your completed records to your tax return. You should back-up your data regularly in case your device is broken, lost or stolen as this isn't an automatic process.
The ATO app allows you to keep track of your super. It is secure and you can quickly and easily:
- view a list of all your super accounts, including accounts that you may be unaware of or have lost
- explore account balances and view super information and actions that are personalised to your circumstances
- access ATO Online to take steps to consolidate eligible accounts (including any ATO-held super) into one account.
View when your lodgments and payments are due and action them in ATO Online.
View your tax accounts, including Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) and activity statement accounts. Quickly access transactions, payment plan details and make payments in ATO Online.
View the details your employer reports to us, including the date they report this information. Such as, your income, tax withheld and super contributions.
Find your tax file number easily. You can also access ATO Online to keep your key personal and business details up to date.
Check the details of your registered agent and communication preferences.
You can use the Tax withheld calculator to easily check how much tax should be withheld from salary or wages.
Use the Australian business number (ABN) lookup tool to search for a business’s ABN and view other public information about the business. For example, you can check that the business you're purchasing goods from is registered for goods and services tax (GST) so you can claim GST credits.
Use the business performance check tool to compare the performance of your business to other small businesses in the same industry. The business performance check tool:
- uses annual small business benchmark data from over 100 different business types
- can estimate annual performance based on as little as one month’s data (the more data, the better accuracy)
- allows you to compare the cost of goods sold and expenses with similar businesses
- provides financial performance ratios including ability to manage debt commitments and working capital
- compares subsequent reports in the tool with previous financial results to monitor any variations in performance.
If you're having trouble with the ATO app, help and support for online services are available so you can troubleshoot known issues or errors.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Authorised by the Australian Government, Canberra