You can do most of your business reporting and transactions with us online using:
- the Business Portal
- Standard Business Reporting (SBR) enabled business accounting software
- Electronic Commerce Interface (ECI).
In most cases, you'll need an Australian business number (ABN)External Link and an AUSkeyExternal Link to use our secure online services. However, to access the Business Portal you can use Manage ABN Connections as an alternative to AUSkey.
If you're a sole trader, you can prepare, lodge and pay your activity statements using our online services for individuals and sole traders.
The Business Portal is the main tool for businesses to deal with us online. Through the Business Portal, you can:
- prepare and lodge activity statements
- test and lodge reports such as the Payment summary annual report and TFN declaration
- manage your accounts and update your business registration details
- send and receive mail through a secure mailbox.
Log in to the Business Portal
Standard Business Reporting
You can prepare and lodge reports to us directly from your SBR-enabled business accounting software. If you are:
- using SBR-enabled online (cloud) software, you don't need an AUSkey
- not using SBR-enabled online (cloud) software, you must have an AUSkey.
Electronic Commerce Interface
Most lodgments and reporting, including bulk data, can be done through the Business Portal or SBR-enabled business accounting software.
For bulk files that are not currently supported through the Business Portal or SBR, you can use the electronic commerce interface (ECI)External Link to lodge.
Note: ECI is closing the following reports in 2016. You must use either SBR or the portal for these lodgments:
- Annual investment income report – from January 2016
- Employee Share Scheme– from January 2016
- Quarterly TFN report – from January 2016
- TFN declaration reports – from 27 June 2016
- Withholding where no ABN quoted reports – from 27 June 2016
- PAYG withholding payment summary annual report – from 1 November 2016.
Do you need to update your software?
Our product registerExternal Link lists the commercial software products that meet our requirements.
Small Business Superannuation Clearing House
Any employer with 19 or fewer employees, or with an annual aggregated turnover of less than $2 million can register for the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House, a free online super payments service that lets you pay your super contributions in one transaction.
Register for the clearing house
Log on to the clearing house
Most of your business reporting and transactions can be done online. You'll need secure online identification to use our online services.