Did you have any dependent children?
For this question, regardless of their income, a dependent child is your child who is:
- under 21 years old, or
- 21 to 24 years old and a full-time student at a school, college or university.
The child must be an Australian resident and you must have contributed to their maintenance.
We use this information to determine whether you are entitled to an increase in the income test threshold for the:
- private health insurance rebate
- Medicare levy surcharge.
Completing your tax return
Write the number of your dependent children at D item IT8.
Where to go next
- Go to Spouse details – married or de facto 2020.
- Return to main menu Individual tax return instructions 2020.
- Go back to question IT7 Child support you paid 2020.