Show download pdf controls
  • Eligibility for DASP

    Generally, you can claim a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) if the following apply:

    • you accumulated superannuation while working in Australia on a temporary resident visa issued under the Migration Act 1958 (excluding Subclasses 405 and 410)
    • your visa has ceased to be in effect (for example, it has expired or been cancelled)
    • you have left Australia and you do not hold any other active Australian visa
    • you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia.

    Note: If you are a New Zealand citizen leaving Australia permanently, you may be able to transfer your super to New Zealand under the Trans-Tasman retirement savings portability scheme for individuals.

    If you are a temporary resident, you can find more information on super in Temporary residents and super.

    To work out if you're entitled to super, use our Am I entitled to super tool.

      Last modified: 31 May 2023QC 24169