Most of your business reporting and transactions with us can be done online using:
- Online services for agents
- the practitioner lodgment service (PLS)
- Standard Business Reporting (SBR)
- Australian Business Register (ABR).
To access our online services, you'll need to use myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM).
The functions available to you will depend on your Access Manager permissions.
Online services for agents
Online services for agents is our main channel for you to interact with us online.
You can use it to:
- view and update your clients' registration details
- prepare, lodge, view and print activity statements for your clients
- view client account information
- request refunds and credit transfers on behalf of your clients
- communicate with us using secure practice mail
- view payment options, make and view payment plans and print payment slips
- test, lodge and download certain files using the file transfer function.
Standard Business Reporting (SBR) and the practitioner lodgment service (PLS)
SBR is a standard approach to digital record keeping and simplifies reporting to government. The PLS is a service accessed by your practice management software and operates on the SBR platform. This service enables you to interact digitally with us through your SBR-enabled software.
You can prepare reports directly from your SBR-enabled practice software and lodge using the PLS for a wide range of tax returns, forms, statements and reports. You can also use it to report Single Touch Payroll, request reports and to prepare and revise activity statements.
If your SBR-enabled software is cloud based (online) you won't need to install a machine credential to interact with us. Instead, your digital service provider will build it into your software.
If you use desktop or locally hosted SBR-enabled software you will need to install a machine credential.
- Standard Business Reporting (SBR)External Link
- Machine credentialsExternal Link
- Practitioner lodgment service
- Cloud software authentication and authorisation
- Single Touch Payroll
- Access Manager
- Online security
- Technical support
Australian Business Register
You can access your clients' Australian business number (ABN) details online using the Australian Business RegisterExternal Link. Use your myGovID to log in to the Tax professional servicesExternal Link and:
- change secure ABN information (for example, postal address and public officer) and receive confirmation of the change in the same internet session
- apply for a tax file number (TFN)
- register for pay as you go (PAYG) or goods and services tax (GST).
Departing Australia superannuation payments (DASP) online system
You can use the DASP online intermediary application to claim superannuation on behalf of your temporary resident clients who have departed Australia and no longer have active visas.Log in to the DASP online intermediary application system
See also:The online services available to tax agent including Online services for agents and the practitioner lodgment service.