Show download pdf controls
  • Lodge your tax return from outside Australia

    If you are an Australia resident and will continue to be an Australia resident while you are overseas you should lodge your tax return online. You will need to lodge your tax return within the normal lodgment period 1 July to 31 October.

    To lodge online you will need to have a myGov account linked to the ATO.

    You will need to:

    • ensure you update your myGov account settings so you have sign in options you can access from overseas
    • an Australian bank account you can use to receive any refund amounts.

    Alternatively, you can:

    Find out about:

    Last modified: 07 Jun 2021QC 33246