Supporting publications and legislation and contact details.
Publications referred to in these instructions
- Losses schedule 2023 (NAT 3425)
- Capital gains tax (CGT) schedule 2023 (NAT 3423)
- Guide to capital gains tax 2023 (NAT 4151)
- Company tax return 2023 (NAT 0656)
- Company tax return instructions 2023
- Fund income tax return instructions 2023 (NAT 71605)
- Trust tax return instructions 2023
- Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 (ITAA 1936)
- Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (ITAA 1997)
- Law Companion Ruling LCR 2019/1 The business continuity test – carrying on a similar business
To get an ATO publication
If you are not a tax agent, go to Referred publications for publications, taxation rulings, practice statements and forms.
If you are a tax agent, go to taxagents.iorder.com.auExternal Link
For more information, contact us.
If you do not speak English well and need help from the ATO, phone the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 13 14 50.
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can phone us through the (NRS) on the numbers listed below, and ask for the ATO number you need:
- TTY users, phone 13 36 77. For ATO 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 677.
- Speak and Listen (speech to speech relay) users, phone 1300 555 727. For ATO 1800 free call numbers, phone 1800 555 727.
Internet relay users, connect to internet-relay.nrscall.gov.auUse these instructions to complete the Losses schedule 2023, if you're a company, trust or superannuation fund.