Whether you are affected by COVID-19, natural disasters, mental health issues, serious illness, family and domestic violence, financial difficulties or family tragedy talk with us about the support available.
We understand that family and property are your priority during disaster events. Once the immediate crisis has passed, we can help you get your tax affairs back on track.
We can help you reconstruct tax records when documents have been destroyed so you can access government payments.
To find out about the support options available for anyone affected by an event, see:
Other crisis support
To find out about support available for your circumstances, visit:
- Support in difficult times
- Deceased estates
- Financial difficulties and serious hardship
- Early access to your super
- Your identity security – get help
Speak to us
If you have been affected by a crisis and want to speak to someone directly, phone our Emergency Support Infoline on 1800 806 218 during operating hours.
If you would prefer someone else to speak to us on your behalf:
- nominate an authorised contact using ATO Online
- talk to your tax professional about your situation and support available.
For immediate mental health and wellbeing support phone:
- Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636
- Lifeline on 13 11 14.
For information in other languages see:
See also:We are committed to providing support to those who need help with their tax and super obligations.