ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Invalidity payments – supporting information

Information to provide with your objection or private ruling request about invalidity payments.

Last updated 23 June 2024

How to lodge

To apply for a private ruling about an invalidity payment:

To lodge an objection about an invalidity payment:

Check first whether your question is answered in Invalidity and disability payments.

Supporting information

Providing this information up front will reduce delays.

If you've previously given us any of the information listed below, you don't need to resend it.

The information we need for a private ruling or objection about an invalidity payment includes:

  • your former occupation and the duties involved
  • the dates that  
    • you commenced this employment
    • you sustained the permanent disability
    • you were injured and the nature of the injury
    • this employment was terminated, including the reason
    • you would have ordinarily ceased employment under the terms and conditions of your employment
    • the payment was made, including the amount
  • details of who made the payment
  • a copy of your employment contract or details of the award or agreement containing the terms and conditions of your employment
  • copies of medical certificates obtained at the time of termination of employment or payment of the employment termination payment
  • a copy of your notice of termination of employment, resignation letter or separation certificate
  • copies of any payment summaries
  • copies of any other correspondence relating to the termination of employment or the payment
  • if you have subsequently regained employment    
    • the date you commenced your current occupation
    • your current occupation
    • the duties involved
  • any other documents that would support the statements made in your application.