ato logo

Frequently asked questions

Answers to frequently asked questions about lodging using myTax.

Last updated 12 June 2014

Who can use myTax?

Regardless of how you lodged your tax return last year (or even if you didn't lodge), if you are eligible to lodge this year, then you can use myTax. This includes if you previously lodged:

  • using e-tax
  • on paper
  • using a tax agent
  • through a Tax Help volunteer, or
  • at an ATO Shopfront.

This year, as long as you are eligible, you can use myTax:

  • at work, the local library, café or other public computer
  • on any mobile device including a tablet or smartphone
  • at an ATO Shopfront (make an appointment)
  • through Tax Help
  • from overseas (though not if you have foreign income)
  • even if you are lodging for the first time, or
  • even if you have already started an e-tax return (as long as you haven't already lodged).

Find out if you’re eligible.