Explanatory Memorandum(Circulated by authority of the Minister for Employment Participation and Childcare, the Honourable Kate Ellis MP)
FAMILY ASSISTANCE AND OTHER LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (CHILD CARE AND OTHER MEASURES) BILL 2011
NOTES ON CLAUSES
Clause 1 - Short title
Provides for the Act to be cited as the Family Assistance and Other Legislation Amendment (Child Care and Other Measures) Act 2011 .
Clause 2 - Commencement
Subclause 2(1) inserts a three column table setting out commencement information for various provisions in the Act. Each provision of the Act specified in column 1 of the table commences (or is taken to have commenced) in accordance with column 2 of the table and any other statement in column 2 has effect according to its terms.
The table has the effect of providing for sections 1-3 to commence on the day of Royal Assent; Part 1 of Schedule 1 and Schedules 4 and 5 to commence on the day after Royal Assent; Part 2 of Schedule 1 to commence immediately after the time specified in the Family Assistance Legislation Amendment (Child Care) Act 2010 for the commencement of item 5 of Schedule 5 to that Act; and for Schedules 2 and 3 to commence on the 28th day after the day on which this Act receives Royal Assent.
Subclause 2(2) provides that column 3 of the table contains additional information which may be added to or edited in any published version of the Act, but that information in this column is not part of the Act.
Clause 3 - Schedule(s)
Provides that each Act that is specified in a Schedule is amended or repealed as set out in the applicable items in the Schedule and that any other item in a Schedule has effect according to its terms.
For ease of description, this explanatory memorandum uses the following abbreviations:
- 'CCB' means child care benefit;
- 'CCMS Act' means the Family Assistance Legislation Amendment (Child Care Management System and Other Measures) Act 2007 ;
- 'Department' means the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations;
- 'Family Assistance Act' means the A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act 1999 ; and
- 'Family Assistance Administration Act' means the A New Tax System (Family Assistance ) ( Administration) Act 1999 .