Accessing a known document
If you know the document number you are looking for, Quick access allows you to go directly to that document. You can quick access:
- public rulings and determinations
- practical compliance guidelines
- ATO interpretative decisions
- law administration practice statements
- taxpayer alerts
- edited private advice.
Examples of what format to use are provided for you.
Example: finding an edited version of a private ruling
You want to find an edited version of a private ruling, and know the authorisation number.
- select Quick access on the left side menu of the home page
- select Edited private advice
- type the authorisation number in the reference number field and click search (the magnifying glass) or press enter.
If you are searching for a ruling, use four-digit years for all 1999 and subsequent year documents (for example, TR 2010/1). Use only the last two digits of the year for all earlier documents (for example, TR 97/11).
When you are using quick access to view legislation, you will first need to select the relevant Act or regulation.