Revised Explanatory Memorandum(Circulated by authority of the Minister for Finance, Senator the Hon Mathias Cormann)
Chapter 1 - Introduction
Part 1-1 - Introduction
Division 1 - Preliminary
Clause 1: Short title
1. Under this clause, if the Bill is enacted, it may be cited as the Public Governance and Resources Legislation Amendment Act (No. 1) 2015.
Clause 2: Commencement
2. Under this clause, if the Bill is enacted, the legislation would commence on the day after the Bill receives the Royal Assent.
Clause 3: Schedules
3. This clause provides that the items set out in Schedule 1 to the Bill would amend the PGPA Act.
4. The items set out in Schedule 2 would amend the PGPA (C & T) Act.
5. The items set out in Schedule 3 would amend the enabling legislation of entities ceasing to be bodies corporate.
6. The items set out in Schedule 4 would amend the enabling legislation of listed entities.
7. The items set out in Schedule 5 would make consequential amendments related to the PGPA Act.
8. The items set out in Schedule 6 would amend other legislation.
9. The items set out in Schedule 7 provide for other transitional provisions.
Clause 4: Definitions
10. This item sets out the definition of "reporting period" as having the meaning given by the PGPA Act.