Labor 2013-14 Budget Savings (Measures No. 2) Bill 2015
Revised Explanatory Memorandum(Circulated by authority of the Treasurer, the Hon Scott Morrison MP)
This memorandum takes account of amendments made by the House of Representatives to the bill as introduced
Notes on clauses
Abbreviations used in this explanatory memorandum
- Commissioner means the Commissioner of Taxation
- HELP means the Higher Education Loan Programme
- HESA means the Higher Education Support Act 2003
- Social Security Act means the Social Security Act 1991
- Social Security Administration Act means the Social Security (Administration) Act 1999
- SSL means student start-up loan
- Student Assistance Act means the Student Assistance Act 1973
- Taxation Administration Act means the Taxation Administration Act 1953
Clause 1 sets out how the new Act is to be cited - that is, as the Labour 2013-14 Budget Savings (Measures No. 2) Act 2015.
Clause 2 provides a table that sets out the commencement dates of the various sections in, and Schedules to, the new Act.
Clause 3 provides that each Act that is specified in a Schedule is amended or repealed as set out in that Schedule.