A New Tax System (Wine Equalisation Tax) Act 1999
The notional wholesale selling price for a * retail sale of * grape wine , or for an * AOU connected with retail sales of grape wine, worked out using the average wholesale price method is the weighted average of the * prices (excluding wine tax and * GST ) for * wholesale sales that you have made of grape wine that:
(a) is of the same vintage as the grape wine to which the retail sale or AOU relates; and
(b) is produced from the same grape varieties, or the same blend of grape varieties, as the grape wine to which the retail sale or AOU relates;
during the * tax period in respect of which you are liable to pay wine tax on the retail sale or AOU.
If, during a tax period, you make 70% of wholesale sales of grape wine of a particular vintage and variety at $80 per dozen, and the remaining 30% at $90 per dozen, the weighted average of the wholesale prices for wholesale sales during the tax period is:
[ 70% × $80] + [ 30% × $90] = $83 per dozen