Higher Education Support Act 2003

Chapter 3 - Assistance to students  


Division 104 - Who is entitled to FEE-HELP assistance?  

Subdivision 104-B - Re-crediting HELP balances in relation to FEE-HELP assistance  

SECTION 104-43   Re-crediting a person ' s HELP balance in relation to FEE-HELP assistance if not a genuine student  

A higher education provider must, on the *Secretary ' s behalf, re-credit a person ' s *HELP balance with an amount equal to the amounts of *FEE-HELP assistance that the person received for a unit of study if:

(a)    the person has been enrolled in the unit with the provider; and


the Secretary has determined under subsection 104-1(1AA) that the student is not a genuine student in relation to the unit.

A FEE-HELP debt relating to a unit of study will be remitted if the HELP balance in relation to the unit is re-credited: see subsection 137-10(4) .

The *Secretary may re-credit the person ' s *HELP balance under subsection (1) if the provider is unable to do so.

This information is provided by CCH Australia Limited Link opens in new window. View the disclaimer and notice of copyright.