Crimes Legislation Amendment (Powers, Offences and Other Measures) Act 2018 (75 of 2018)
Schedule 6 Protecting vulnerable persons
Crimes Act 1914
1 Subsection 15YR(6)
Repeal the subsection, substitute:
(6) An application for leave under this section must be in writing.
(7) A person who makes an application for leave under this section must take reasonable steps to give written notice of the application to each of the following:
(a) the prosecutor in the proceeding;
(b) each defendant in the proceeding;
(c) each other party to the proceeding to whom subsection (1A) applies.
(8) If a party referred to in paragraph (7)(c) is a child at the time the application is made, the notice must be given to a parent, guardian or legal representative of the party.
(9) A notice under subsection (7) must:
(a) be given no later than 3 business days before the day the application is to be heard; and
(b) be accompanied by a copy of the application.
(10) An application for leave under this section must not be determined unless the court:
(a) is satisfied the applicant has taken reasonable steps to give notice of the application in accordance with subsections (7), (8) and (9); and
(b) has considered such submissions and other evidence as it thinks necessary for determining the application.