AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENTThis legislative instrument has been repealed by TPANI 2020/1 F2020L01210 registered on 24 September 2020.
A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999I, Shane Reardon, Deputy Commissioner of Taxation, make this determination under subsection 134-20(1)(d) of the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999.
1. Name of Determination
This determination is the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Third Party Adjustment Note Information Requirements Determination (No. 1) 2010.
This determination commences on 1 July 2010.
3. Documents to which the Determination applies
This determination applies to third party adjustment notes issued under subsection 134-20(1) of the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (GST Act).
4. Determination (who is covered by this Determination)
This determination applies to the entity that makes the payment.
5. Information requirements for third party adjustment notes
For the purposes of paragraph 134-20(1)(d) of the GST Act, a third party adjustment note must contain enough information to enable the following to be clearly ascertained:
- the payer's identity, as specified in a form other than the payer's ABN (note that under paragraph 134-20(1)(c) of the GST Act, the payer must also set out its ABN);
- the payee's identity or the payee's ABN;
- a description of the thing that the payee acquires (including the quantity) and to which the payment relates;
- the amount of the payment (being a payment of money, an offset of debt, or a credit to an account) that represents a third party payment under Division 134 of the GST Act;
- the amount of the payer's decreasing adjustment under subsection 134-5(2) of the GST Act;
- the date the note is issued.
1) Third party adjustment note means an adjustment note issued by a payer in the circumstances referred to in subsection 134-20(1) of the GST Act.
2) Other expressions in this determination have the same meaning as in the GST Act.
Dated 9 June 2010
Signed by Shane Reardon
Signed by Shane Reardon
Deputy Commissioner of Taxation
Registration Number: F2010L01588
Registration Date: 16 June 2010
Legislative References: A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999The ActLegislative Instruments Act 2003The Act
Related Explanatory Statements:TPANI 2010/1 - Explanatory statement