Higher Education Support Act 2003

Chapter 3 - Assistance to students  


Division 128 - How are amounts of SA-HELP assistance paid?  


Part 5-1 deals generally with payments by the Commonwealth under this Act.

SECTION 128-1   128-1   Payments to higher education providers of loans to students  

If a student is entitled to an amount of *SA-HELP assistance for a *student services and amenities fee imposed by a higher education provider, the Commonwealth must:

(a) as a benefit to the student, lend to the student the amount of SA-HELP assistance; and

(b) pay to the provider the amount lent in discharge of the student ' s liability to pay the fee.

This information is provided by CCH Australia Limited Link opens in new window. View the disclaimer and notice of copyright.