Higher Education Support Act 2003

Chapter 5 - Administration  


Division 169 - Administrative requirements on higher education providers  

SECTION 169-5   Notices   Who gets a notice?

A higher education provider must give such notices as are required by the Administration Guidelines to a person:

(a) who is enrolled with the provider for a unit of study; and

(b) who:

(i) is seeking Commonwealth assistance under this Act for the unit or for a *student services and amenities fee imposed on the person by the provider; or

(ii) is a *Commonwealth supported student for the unit.
Contents of notice

A notice must contain the information set out in the Administration Guidelines as information that must be provided in such a notice. Date by which notice to be given

A notice must be given within the period set out in the Administration Guidelines. Purpose and effect of notice


A notice under this section is given for the purpose only of providing information to a person. Any liability or entitlement of a person under this Act is not affected by:

(a) the failure of a higher education provider to give a notice under this section; or

(b) the failure of a higher education provider to give such a notice by the date required under the Administration Guidelines; or

(c) the notice containing an incorrect statement.

This information is provided by CCH Australia Limited Link opens in new window. View the disclaimer and notice of copyright.