Tax Laws Amendment (2009 Measures No. 5) Act 2009 (118 of 2009)
Schedule 1 GST and representatives of incapacitated entities
Part 3 Amendments commencing on Royal Assent
A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999
24 After section 58-15
58-20 Representatives are required to be registered
(1) A *representative of an *incapacitated entity is required to be registered in that capacity if the incapacitated entity is *registered or *required to be registered.
(2) This section has effect despite section 23-5 (which is about who is required to be registered).
58-25 Cancellation of registration of a representative
(1) The Commissioner must cancel the *registration of a *representative of an *incapacitated entity if the Commissioner is satisfied that the representative is not *required to be registered in that capacity.
Note: Cancelling the registration of a representative under this subsection is a reviewable GST decision (see Subdivision 110-F in Schedule 1 to the Taxation Administration Act 1953).
(2) The Commissioner must notify the *representative of the cancellation.
(3) Sections 25-50 and 25-55 do not apply to the cancellation of the *registration of a *representative of an *incapacitated entity.
58-30 Notice of cessation of representation
A *representative who ceases to be a representative of an *incapacitated entity must notify the Commissioner of that cessation, in the *approved form, within 21 days after so ceasing.
58-35 Tax periods of representatives
(1) If a *representative of an *incapacitated entity is *required to be registered in that capacity, the tax periods applying to the representative in that capacity are the same tax periods that apply to the incapacitated entity.
(2) This section has effect despite Division 27 (which is about how to work out the tax periods that apply).