Product Grants and Benefit Ruling
Product grants and benefits: Energy grants: off-road credits for forestry
Please note that the PDF version is the authorised version of this ruling.This document has changed over time. View its history.
FOI status:may be released
Notice of Withdrawal
- forestry as an aspect of primary production
- the meaning of each of the activities in the definition of 'forestry' in section 35, and
- the effect of the exclusion in subsection 53(2) of diesel fuel purchased for use in propelling a road vehicle on a public road, including:
- the definition of a 'road vehicle', and
- the definition of a 'public road'.
3. This Ruling continues to apply, in respect of the EGCS Act (repealed), to all taxpayers within the specified class who purchased or imported into Australia off-road diesel fuel for use in forestry as defined in Subdivision C of Division 3 of the EGCS Act (repealed) in the period the Act was in force; being 1 July 2003 up to and including 30 June 2012.
Commissioner of Taxation
19 November 2014
You are free to copy, adapt, modify, transmit and distribute this material as you wish (but not in any way that suggests the ATO or the Commonwealth endorses you or any of your services or products).