Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Amendment Regulations 2001 (No. 3) (353 of 2001)
Schedule 1 Amendments
 After regulation 5.06A
5.06B Minimum benefits if new interest created, or benefits rolled over or transferred, under Division 7A.2
(1) This regulation applies if:
(a) an interest (the original interest ) in an accumulation fund is subject to a payment split; and
(b) under Division 7A.2:
(i) a new interest is created in the fund for the non-member spouse; or
(ii) the transferable benefits of the non-member spouse are rolled over or transferred to another fund, an EPSSS or an RSA.
(2) If subparagraph (1) (b) (i) applies, the trustee may decide that all the benefits held in the original interest, and in the new interest, immediately after the new interest is created are minimum benefits.
(3) If subparagraph (1) (b) (ii) applies, the trustee may decide that all the benefits held in the original interest immediately after the transferable benefits are rolled over or transferred are minimum benefits.
Note Transferable benefits rolled over or transferred to another regulated superannuation fund would be minimum benefits in accordance with regulation 5.06.
(4) However, the trustee must not make a decision mentioned in subregulation (2) or (3) if the decision would have the effect of reducing the minimum benefits held by the other members of the fund.
(5) If the trustee does not make a decision mentioned in subregulation (2) or (3), the minimum benefits held in the original interest are allocated between the member spouse and the non-member spouse in proportion to the split of benefits in the original interest.