Our updated website aims to meet Level AA success criteria from the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
We acknowledge there are some known issues that we are currently addressing, which may impact accessibility.
Our website is optimised to use assistive technologies like screen readers, magnifiers, navigation switches and speech recognition software.
Browsers and devices
Our website works with modern web browsers. It uses responsive web design that adjusts to fit the size and type of device you use, for example, smartphone, tablet or desktop.
We provide content in HTML format whenever possible.
Some content is only available in Portable Document Format (PDF). We know this can cause problems for some users.
Contact us if you need help with PDFs or you're having other accessibility issues with our site.
For more information about how we deliver digital services that meet the needs of the Australian community, see our Digital inclusion guide.
If you have hearing loss or a speech disability, call services are available.
The National Relay Service is a service if you’re deaf, have hearing loss or speech disability. It can help you make a call through a third person.
Standard, mobile, 1300, or 1900 numbers
- TTY users – phone 133 677 then ask for the phone number you want to call.
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users – phone 1300 555 727 then ask for the phone number you want to call
- Internet relay users – visit the National Relay Service websiteExternal Link and ask for the phone number you want to call.
- TTY users – phone 1800 555 677, then ask for the 1800 toll-free number you want to call.
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users – phone 1800 555 727, then ask for the 1800 toll-free number you want to call.
- Internet relay users – visit the National Relay Service website and ask for the 1800 toll-free number you want to call.
If you prefer to speak with us in a language other than English, you can call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National).
The service will call us with an interpreter so we can help with your query.
To contact TIS National from:
- within Australia, phone 13 14 50 between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- outside Australia, phone +61 3 9268 8332.
We have some information available in other languages.
You can nominate someone to act on your behalf. See update your authorised contacts.Accessibility support options to make sure everyone can access our information and services.