It's important to lodge and pay in full and on time. It gives you certainty of your tax and super position, which means you'll have a greater understanding of what you need to do and when to ask for help.
If you need help, depending on your circumstances, we may be able to:
- set up a payment plan – you may be able to do this using our online services
- defer a compulsory repayment – for example, Higher Education Loan Program
- defer your lodgment – if you use a registered tax or BAS agent to lodge on your behalf, you may have a different due date
- in special circumstances, release you from paying some taxes if this would cause serious hardship.
If you're experiencing financial difficulties, you should contact us or speak with a tax professional before your lodgments and payments are due to discuss the support options available.
If your tax circumstances have changed, you can:
For help paying super guarantee, see Employers affected by disasters.
For a range of tools and services to make it easier for you to get your tax and superannuation right, see Supporting your small business.
We understand you sometimes need additional help and assistance in managing your clients' and your own tax obligations.
We can provide support for your practice and your clients during difficult times.
We understand tax and super can be difficult in ordinary times. We offer a range of support for people with diverse and differing needs, including:
- People with disability
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- information in other languages.