Show download pdf controls
  • Seeking our advice

    We can provide a private ruling or administratively binding advice for various contribution-related issues, including for concessional or non-concessional contributions that may cause you to exceed your contributions caps.

    The issues we consider in our advice include:

    • rollovers
    • re-contributions
    • exercise of the Commissioner’s discretion (before the contribution is made)
    • the bring-forward arrangement
    • personal injury and structured settlement contributions
    • timing of contributions.

    If you have already made the contribution to your fund and will likely exceed your contribution cap, you may apply to the Commissioner to make a determination to disregard or reallocate the contribution.

      Last modified: 04 May 2023QC 19749