Goods and Services Tax Bulletin
GSTB 2006/1A2 - AddendumGoods and services tax: how to claim input tax credits for car expenses
- View the consolidated version for this notice.
Date of Issue: 29 May 2013
This Addendum amends Goods and Services Tax Bulletin GSTB 2006/1 to reflect amendments to Subdivision 29-C of the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (GST Act) and to A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Regulations 1999 (GST Regulations).
The amendments to Subdivision 29-C of the GST Act are in relation to tax invoices and apply to tax periods starting on or after 1 July 2010. The amendments to the GST Regulations relate to low value transactions under section 29-80 of the GST Act and apply from 1 July 2007.
GSTB 2006/1 is amended as follows:
Omit 'greater than $55' in the last sentence; substitute 'with a price greater than $82.50, including GST,'.
- (a) Omit 'GSTR 2000/17' in the first sentence; substitute 'GSTR 2013/1'.
- (b) Omit the second sentence.
Omit 'under $55' in the first sentence; substitute 'with a price that does not exceed $82.50'.
Omit 'greater than $55 (including GST)'; substitute 'with a price greater than $82.50'.
Omit paragraphs 78 and 79; substitute:
78. This Bulletin applies both before and after its date of issue. However, this Bulletin will not apply to taxpayers to the extent that it conflicts with the terms of a settlement of a dispute agreed to before the date of issue of this Bulletin (see paragraphs 75 and 76 of Taxation Ruling TR 2006/10).
- (a) Second dot point: insert 'or' at end.
- (b) Omit third dot point.
- (c) In last dot point, omit 'PO Box 9935 in your capital city'; substitute 'PO Box 3524 Albury, NSW 2640'.
This Addendum explains the Commissioner's view of the law as it applied from:
- • 1 July 2007 in relation to the insertion of regulation 29-80.01 to the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Regulations 1999 by the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Amendment Regulations 2007 (No. 1); and
- • 1 July 2010 in relation to the amendments to Subdivision 29-C.
Commissioner of Taxation
29 May 2013