We provide services to help everyone in the community meet their tax obligations. Our services must be accessible to everyone as required under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992. Our digital services must also meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0AA.
The ways we do this include:
- giving information and tools in accessible formats
- making video guidesExternal Link with transcripts you can download – some of these videos are in languages other than English
- creating easier to read guides on popular topics for people with lower literacy or reading difficulties
If you are deaf or find it hard hearing or speaking with people who use a phone, the National Relay Service (NRS)External Link can help you.
You can lodge online using myTax, which is compatible with screen-reader software and can be used on any device, such as a tablet, smartphone or computer. Note: To use myTax you need a myGov account linked to the ATO.
Lodge a paper tax return
If you prefer to lodge by paper, the Individual tax return instructions are available in the following accessible formats:
- TaxDAISY – an audio format disk that includes instructions for supplementary questions, as well as individual tax return instructions. Works on portable digital playback devices or computers with Digital Accessible Information System (DAISY) software.
- TaxCD – audio summaries of individual tax return instructions on CD.
- TaxDisk – individual tax return instructions on CD, formatted for computers with screen-reader and speech-synthesiser software.
These accessible format products are generally available to order for free from early September each year.Access our information and tools for people with a disability in a range of accessible formats.