The system provides access to a range of client information and services. It has a contemporary user interface that can be customised to meet your needs. It provides real-time visibility and control of your client data.
Next step:Log in to Online services for agents
Each task you complete in OSfA includes prompts to assist you. You can also select the Help button on the right-hand side of the screen for further information.
- Online services for agents user guide
- Digital education resources
- Systems advice and alerts
- System maintenance
- Online services for agents dashboard
To ensure the security of OSfA transactions, you must meet minimum security and computer requirements.
To log in, you'll need to use both:
- myGovID – a digital identity credential to prove who you are online
- Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) – an authorisation service that allows you to act on behalf of a business.
Each user must have their own myGovID to log in. If there is more than one user account in your practice, the principle authority must:
- authorise staff to act on behalf the practice in RAM
- use Access Manager to manage staff accesses to functions and records.
Your computer settings will need to meet our minimum system requirements.
To check your settings, use our Online services system requirements check.
Find out about:Online services for agents (OSfA) is a secure system for registered tax and BAS agents and their authorised staff.