ATO National Tax Equivalent Regime
NTER RELATED ACTIVITIES
- Apply the relevant taxation laws;
- Maintain the NTER entity register;
- Process NTER income tax returns;
- Process NTER instalment statements;
- Advise entities of their instalment rates;
- Liaise with the State and Territory Treasuries and Revenue Offices in relation to NTER related receivables management;
- Maintain the NTER Manual;
- Keep proper accounts, records and timesheets in respect of NTER related activities, expenditure, billing and fees and all NTER related amounts payable by the States and Territories to the Commissioner.
- Prepare the Commissioner's annual report on the operation of the NTER for each financial year, and the individual reports specific to each State and Territory; and
- Undertake other activities outlined and classified as 'general activities' in an agreed NTER Work Plan.
- Provide interpretive advice to the NTER entities (in relation to their arrangements in the NTER commencement and later years only);
- Carry out appropriate compliance assurance activities in respect of the NTER entities (in relation to NTER commencement and later years only) as outlined in an agreed NTER Work Plan; and
- Undertake other activities outlined and classified as 'specific activities' in an agreed NTER Work Plan.
|[Archived: History notes for amendments to the Manual made by Versions 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 have been archived. For the wording of these history notes, see Version 8 12 February 2012]|